We are looking for a Research Associate
The researcher/associate will under the direct supervision of the managing director support CCSI sanctions training activities in the MENA Region as well as on thematic programs related to the advancement of gender rights and protections in general, but also in conflict and Post-conflict situation. Mena region related duties will include:
- Conducting research, with focus on original Arabic-language official documentations, reflecting implementation efforts or shortcomings by the public sector to effectively adopt international sanctions, enforce sanctions measures, and strategic trade control protocols;
- Conducting research, with emphasis on original Arabic-language corporate and media reporting on private sector compliance and due diligence practices or challenges with international sanctions and strategic trade controls;
- Prepare draft reports on research findings and verifying working hypothesis with targeted interviews of MENA-based public/private sector representatives;
- Assist in developing training curricular, and other types of skills enhancement programs for government and corporate implementation and compliance professionals of the MENA region;
- Serve as a junior member of CCSI research team;
- Interact with victims of gender violence in the MENA region for the purpose of collecting research data, and consultations about effective intervention opportunities;
- Contribute to the teams development of sanctions policy options and other gender-violence mitigation approaches;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master of Science Degree in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution or Political Development and 2 yrs of experience working with an international aid organization in a conflict region.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent research, writing and presentation skills. Previous research and work experience with vulnerable populations in conflict regions. Understanding principles of conflict resolution and humanitarian intervention. Qualified applicant must be fluent in Arabic.
Please contact CCSI at firstname.lastname@example.org